
Today I begin a new career pursuit. I cannot begin to explain the excitement and nervous feelings I have. I start an internship at the radio station in my hometown today. I will be learning how to cover different stories and many technological aspects to the radio. My supervisor knows that I love theatre as well, and is going to teach me how to help with the community theatre's publicity this summer. I'm very excited to combine my love of theatre with journalism and mass media. I already enjoy working with the people at the radio station and the people at the theatre. This summer promises to be filled with great learning and networking experiences. I cannot wait!
Thinking about this new experience has reminded me of a few summers ago when I went to an intensive theatre program, Northwestern High School Institue Theatre Cherub Program. I spent 6 weeks of my summer living theatre 24/7. The experience was so tremendous and made me realize that theatre is what I want to do with my life. http://www.northwestern.edu/nhsi/theatre_arts/index.html
As I head into this new internship, I am excited to begin a new aspect and pursuit in my life. I hope this experience will show me, like the Cherub Program, a new direction for myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment