Sunday, May 30, 2010

I Dreamed a Dream

I heard something today that I cannot stop thinking about. I went to church with my family today. The entire sermon was follow your dreams. He emphasized that following our dreams will be difficult. There will be pits we fall in and road blocks others try to build against us. But just imagine how we will feel we finally reach the finish line.

Reaching my hopes and dreams has already been difficult. In the theatre business, you are told that there will be more "Nos" than there are "Yeses" and I have had my fair share of "nos" already. Then there are those who may ask, "What are you majoring in college". I answer, "Theatre". Then the less-than-confident looks come. I have learned through the 2 years of being a theatre major, that these "nos" or the looks have made me stronger or at least more stubborn. I will do everything in my power to achieve the dreams I have.

This summer I am doing some things to help me achieve my goals. This next school year, I want to be at my best. I want the school theatre season, KTA, SETC, and Midwest to have excellent results (KTA, SETC, and Midwest are all audition revenues). I have confidence and determination within myself this summer.

I realize this post is cliché, but I believe that its just the musical theatre coming out in me. Can you find all the musical theatre references?

No comments:

Post a Comment