I've been thinking lately of what to write next in my blog and it just occurred to me that I've explained in great detail that I will pursue my dreams no matter what, but I have not clearly articulated those dreams. Let me tell you where I want to go.
After graduation, which will hopefully be May 2012, I'll have earned a degree in Theatre with a minor in Journalism and Mass Communications. If everything goes as I would like, I want to have an acting job at a theatre in the mid-west or north, hopefully in Chicago, St. Louis, or New York City. If I can't immediately get a theatre related job, I will apply at radio stations and newspapers to save some money for all the loans and raise money for graduate school.
Depending on where my life takes me after graduation, I want to eventually go to graduate school. At this point in my life, I want to master in acting, directing, or theatre pedagogy. I haven't looked up too many graduate schools yet. The only school that I know some facts about are Northwestern. No matter what I want to teach theatre at a university, preferably in bigger cities such as New York City, Chicago, or Seattle. I know I want to teach sometime in my life. Teaching theatre to students that truly care about the craft has been a goal of mine since high school.
The tricky thing I've learned through college is life doesn't always go according to plans. There are few things that will go as planned, but those moments are rare. I don't see that as a negative though. If everything went like I thought it would, there would be no spice to life. I would not have met the people I know now. I would not have had some of the experiences that I know have been very beneficial. I know that God has a plan for me. I may not know what it is now but he'll guide me through it, even if it's not exactly what I want at the time.
I don't know exactly where I will be after graduation. I do know that I have many plans that I can choose from and I have many friends in the theatre field. Some friends of mine have already talked about getting an apartment together in Chicago after graduation.
I have confidence in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment