My last post explained what I planned to do with my immediate future and something today changed the plans drastically. I expected plans to change, just not so quickly! I am very excited about this change though. It makes me see my hopes and dreams seem closer and tangible.
I looked at my class schedule and how many more classes I needed to graduate. I had always assumed that because I had changed my minor so many times that I was going to be in undergraduate school for at least four years, if not longer. Today I found out otherwise. If all the classes line up, there is a definite possibility that I could graduate in May 2011. An entire year could be cut off from the original plan!
As I talked with my parents about this, they brought up graduate school. My ultimate goal in life is to teach theatre at a collegiate level, which means I need my masters. Another issue that I found out today was my student loans will wait until after schooling, not just an undergraduate program. Going to a graduate program in Fall 2011 would quicken my goal of teaching (hopefully), allow me to get a good job, and start paying off the debts.
I am incredibly excited for this new and promising future but also very overwhelmed. I need to start preparing graduate audition material now along with the summer stock auditions and the theatre department shows in school. It's going to be a very fast summer from now on.
Another wonderful and new development in my life is a plan I have with the Amazing Aaron Krueger. We are both theatre majors together at my school and we share a love of musical theatre. We also love helping other people with audition material. This past school year, we put together a little audition workshop before some auditions for the department and the students really enjoyed it. Aaron and I have been talking over the summer and we want to make this workshop a more permanent thing. The plans are still in the workings but I think we have a great start. Getting people together to work on these auditions is a great way to receive feedback on your work and to see how others do their work. We want to focus on all the aspects of auditioning as well, especially the dancing part. Because almost every theatre has a musical theatre season, its imperative to have some skill in dance. Aaron is a wonderful dancer and he teaches dancing extremely well. I love to help with audition material (i.e. picking and working on songs and monologues). I really think this project over the next semester will be extremely successful for anyone who wants to join.
Anyway, that is my life at the moment. The imminent future is looking better and better with each passing day.
No comments:
Post a Comment