Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Something's Coming


"Could it be? Yes, it could. Something's coming, something good, If I can wait! Something's coming, I don't know what it is, but it is gonna be great!!" West Side Story sums up my life at the moment. More future possibilities presented themselves today and I am incredibly excited to see it come to life. 

The Missoula Children's Theatre company is in my hometown again for the 6th year in a row. I went to interview the directors, Dan Davidson and Katie Murk, for a story for the radio, but I also asked questions for myself. I've been in the shows in the past and really enjoyed being a part of it. I had originally believed that if a person travels for the company they can have to work an entire year. However, the Dan and Katie told me otherwise! If my audition was accepted, I could possibly sign a contract for just the summer and come back after I graduate. If everything went as expected, I could work for MCT the summer of 2011, graduate in December 2011, and rejoin the company in January. This would give me professional experience as well as a way to pay off undergrad loans. This is absolutely perfect because the graduate program I'm currently interested in wants the students to have some professional experience before I apply. With every day of this summer, I become more excited to see what the future holds for me.

 As I write this post, however, I realize how much my options have changed this summer. I want to keep all my options and opportunities open. The reason that I am ecstatic though is because, before this summer, the future seemed mysterious and frightening. Now I can see the future as promising and inviting. I know the future is ever changing and now, instead of hiding in a corner, I feel that I can take on these challenges. 

I cannot believe how many choices have presented themselves in only this one summer.

On a different note, I cannot wait to be back in the theatre world. This summer has been great with the internship, but I miss acting and being immersed in the whole field. I need to start looking for more audition material. The theatre department's season is A Doll's House, Into the Woods, Jack and the Beanstalk (the children's play), Molly Sweeney, and A Midsummer Night's Dream. I love this season. I am in the process of finding a comedic/witty monologue for the fall semester auditions. Finding a female comedic monologue has been the toughest task when looking for audition materials. Hopefully by the end of the summer, I will have a fantastic monologue.

I think my future has definite promise. Could be. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment