Monday, August 16, 2010

Another Year Ahead

I'm beginning another year of school which means I will finally be back in theatre. This past summer, I have felt a missing piece of my life that can only be filled with theatre work. I did a few stories for my internship over community theatre projects, but it was nothing like being in a production. I missed the thrill of after audition jitters, seeing the cast list for the first time, the joy of beginning rehearsals, working on developing the character, and finally the joy of performing. There is absolutely nothing like it.

Auditions for the school are coming up very quickly and I'm desperately trying to gather my audition materials. It's a joint audition for the classic, A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen and the widely popular musical, Into the Woods by Stephen Sondheim. I read A Doll's House over the summer for the first time and loved the character development throughout the piece. I absolutely love the music in Into the Woods - I'm a huge Sondheim fan.

I'll post later with updates on this semester's season.

No comments:

Post a Comment