Life is crazy once more. The cast list for A Doll's House and Into the Woods went up a few weeks ago and I found my name by the Baker's Wife in Into the Woods! I cannot begin to describe how excited I am to begin this process. This past week has been the first week of vocal rehearsals for the ensemble numbers. It's already beginning to come together. We have vocal rehearsals for all of September and then jump on the stage in October after A Doll's House closes. I am incredibly anxious to start working on the blocking and dances. The director also has a very different concept for the show. The color scheme is only blue, black, sliver, white, or gray. EVERYTHING will be these colors and that includes hair on the actors - as well as, apparently, the management!
As for other endeavors in the theatre world, I am now currently preparing for the Campus Lights musical and assistant directing Molly Sweeney and the Chinese project one of my professors is organizing. This year I will have three major directing gigs under my belt and I am ecstatic. The Campus Lights musical is soon to be chosen, the Chinese project is just beginning and Molly Sweeney will begin the day after Campus Lights closes. Needless to say, I will be extremely busy but I don't think I could function any other way.
It's so exciting to start new shows.
No comments:
Post a Comment